Apprentice Chef 1st or 2nd Year.
The Press Shop cafe, located in the heart of Bowral (1.5 hours south of Sydney) is searching for an innovative and artisan focused Apprentice Chef to join our dynamic team.
Experience in a fast paced cafe environment is, as is a highly motivated work ethic, can-do attitude, passion for good creative food and and ability to show initiative and drive to be the best in the business.
Apprentice Chef Essentials:
You will work closely alongside the head chef and managers of the food and beverage team to ensure the solid food reputation that has been developed will continue in to the future. You will have passion and flare and use this to your advantage to helping create seasonal menus using local ingredients.
- Have some experience within a fast paced, high-pressure environment.
- Be able to work within our high performing team
- Display a punctual, professional and reliable character
- Demonstrate flexibility, organisational skills and excellent attention to detail
- Working alongside our Head Chef and Cafe Manager to ensure extraordinary Food and Service.
- Planning and organisational skills
- Meticulous adherence to food safety regulations
- Assist Head Chef with Menu / recipe development, budgeting and implementation
- Assist Head Chef to maintain kitchen presentation and asset management.
- Have the ability to work well within a team.
- Punctuality and impeccable personal presentation.
- the ability to maintain a high level of product while under pressure.
- the ability to support the head chef in costing and developing menus.
- The ability to follow WHS protocols.
This is a full time permanent position for immediate start across a 7-day roster, including weekends and peak holiday periods.
Applicants must be eligible to work in Australia.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Flexible working hours
- Competitive remuneration
- Supported by a great team and culture
Job Type: Full-time
Qualifications and Skills
Experience in a Cafe Kitchen environment is desirable. Must be ready to enrole in chef trade-school program.
Benefits and Perks
Great location, mainly day time operation only.
Job Type: Full-time Apprenticeship
Cafe Junior Waitor
Essential role requirements include:
-Previous Experience as a Barista Highly desirable.
-Saturday Availability is a must
-Focused with a positive and friendly manner
-Energetic & highly motivated
-Good communications skills
-Light food preparation skills
-Be a team player
-Other adhoc duties as required in a cafe